Tuesday, March 01, 2005

CEILINGS AND PLATFORMS

Am I a ceiling or a platform? Managing people requires that in some way I become a ceiling for those around me as to somehow control the process of the person they are to become. Inspiring people requires that I become a platform for those around me to contribute to the process of the person becoming who they are to become.

A ceiling serves as a boundary of containment. A platform serves as a launching pad for something bigger. A ceiling slows progress. A platform initiates progress. A ceiling limits potential. A platform releases potential.

Lord, help me be a platform for those around me. Help me inspire people to greatness. Help me not be so arrogant to believe that people need ceilings. Make me the best platform I can be. Thank you!

1 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Blogger JeremyCox said...

What it his email address? I will be sure to tell him you feel trapped!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home