Saturday, February 19, 2005

IT'S ME!

It's Me Posted by Hello


Is this what the world is coming to? A random spot called a "blog" where I can post my opinions, my views, my expressions, my commentary, my beliefs, my victories, my failures, my thoughts, my random behavior, and my life. I am not sure how I feel about this idea. It used to be that I would write "private" journals for my own release, now this private world is going "public" and the world gets to hear how I feel and what I think about stuff. On the surface, I think it is a good idea, but I am not ready to say it is a great idea. I suppose only time will tell.

There is a certain mystique about a me-centered world. A me-centered world suggests that all that matters is me. It becomes about me and only me. While this idea is rather more of a utopia than reality, it is still quite staggering to think about. I mean, imagine a world where the only thing that mattered was me. It didn't matter what anyone else thought about or suggested. It didn't matter whose feelings were hurt or who was blessed. All that mattered in life was me. Not YOU! ME! Not YOU! ME! Not YOU! ME!

Your opinions suck! Your thoughts trivial! Your ideas meaningless! UNLESS, they mattered to ME! I mean after all, the world truly does revolve around me. I am a selfish guy whose sole mission in life is to please myself. I am only interested in you in direct proportion to how it effects me. My life's pursuit is making me the greatest, me the most powerful, me the most intelligent, and me the most significant.

I think this would be an interesting way to live except that it would not matter to YOU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home